Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lots of News, some good, some bad

Lots of news.

First the good news.  I have a job now.  Starting September 14th, I'll be working for the Social Security Administration.  I don't know if I'll still have a job after the Federal government's pseudo-Ponzi scheme goes bankrupt, but that's another post for another day.  The really good news is that due to my previous Federal service, they started me as a GS-7 Step 10, instead of a Step 1.  That's a considerable difference.  On top of that, in 12 months I'll be promoted to GS-9, and to GS-11 twelve months after that.  In other words, in two years, I'll be right back where I was when I left CBP in terms of pay.  It's really the best situation we could possibly imagine, and we're really happy over it.  God knew this job was available and that I qualified under the Veteran's Recruitment Act. 

The bad news: I can't comment too much due to the soon-to-be-pending legal action, but suffice it to say that Furball's mother didn't get her on the airplane to come up here for Labor Day weekend.  That sucks....however, the same God that is in control of my job hunt is in control of this situation, and EVERYTHING works together for the good of those who love Him and are called to His purposes.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, takes God by surprise. 

"Whate’er my God ordains is right:
His holy will abideth;
I will be still whate’er He doth;
And follow where He guideth;
He is my God; though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall:
Wherefore to Him I leave it all."

And that's life, From My Position.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hate that for all of the awesome things in this move you're battling over your furball. grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's not fun... but God's in control.

    ReplyDelete