Thursday, November 12, 2009

Praise band rehearsal tonight

Tonight I have rehearsal with the praise band at our new church, GracePoint EPC.

I love playing with this band. 

This is the first time in my entire life when I've been able to play at church without fear.  I've always been cognizant that someone might be offended because they didn't like my guitar tone, or the volume, or the fact that it was an electric instead of an acoustic, or the song choice, etc.

It's such a completely different space to be in.  I can just play, without worrying, without fear of offending, and just focus on worshipping.

I'm using my regular guitar rig - Custom Shop Les Paul into a PodXT Live, powered by a Crate Powerblock, run into a 2x12 cabinet with Celestion Classic Lead 80 speakers.  The PodXT Live is a modeling amplifier, so I basically have about 50 or so virtual amplifiers, along with a ton of effects pedals, all in one box.  For distorted sounds I primarily use a Marshall Silver Jubilee model (think Sweet Child O' Mine or Knockin' on Heaven's Door).  For clean sounds I use a Fender Twin model.  I've also got several acoustic patches on tap so I can instantly switch to make my guitar sound like an acoustic.

It's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment