Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Waiting for the Snow

I’ve lived in the South my entire life, and in the Deep South for half of it. As a result, every day I check the weather forecast for the next ten to fifteen days. I’m in Wisconsin now, in the month of November, and therefore, to my mind, there should be several feet of snow on the ground. I should be sledding to work instead of driving. If I spit, it should be a solid chunk of ice before it hits the ground.

Instead, it was in the mid 60s yesterday. Sigh….this just isn’t right.

So, as I dig through the forecasts, I finally find one that has what I’m looking for. Accuweather.com says that it’s supposed to snow on the 24th of November. As much as I know I’ll be sick of snow by springtime, I’m looking forward to the first snow. With the notable exceptions of our visits to Wisconsin, I haven’t really seen snow since 2001.

Now, having said all this, I’m fully aware that by February or so, I’ll be pining for the little latitudes, “where the weather suits my clothes.” I’ll have “Boat Drinks” by Jimmy Buffet in constant rotation on my mp3 player.

But for now, I’m looking forward to the snow.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I miss the snow too.
    I've been told that deer hunting is awesome in the snow (yet extremely cold) and that makes me pine for it more.
    I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete