Thursday, August 20, 2009

God's Will and My First Top Five list

First off... for those of you that are Christians, please pray for God's will regarding Furball. I won't say any more online, and you don't need to know any more than that anyway. Just pray that God's will be done.

Hmmm.... I vaguely recall some theologian, probably a dead Scottish or German guy, saying that was how we're supposed to pray - "Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven."

Oh, waitaminnit. That was Jesus, in that whole Lord's Prayer thing.

Sometimes it's best to put away the books from Calvin, Knox, Piper, and Driscoll, cool as they are, and just read the Bible.




And now for something completely different...

Top Five Things That are Cool about our house in Belmont

1) Reverse slope defense to the south. Clear 3,000+ meter fields of fire to the north. Really, really useful for when the zombies attack.

2) The near-constant scent of cow poop on the breeze means that yeah, I can wait until tomorrow to take a shower.

3) Watching the waves of soybeans in the wind out our back door makes me feel like I'm in a Lee Greenwood video.

4) I can sit outside, in August, and not die of heatstroke.

5) 2600 square feet. 'Nuff said.

And that's life, From My Position

No comments:

Post a Comment