Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My first blog post, From My Position

Well, here we go. I've crossed over to the dark side, Lord Vader. I've created a blog.

Most all the blogs I see are family oriented, with lots of posts about what the little ones are doing, how day-to-day life is proceeding, etc. This one will be as well, but it will be 'from my position.'

"From my position" is a military term. When the Bradley or tank commander sees a target he wants to kill, he gives a "fire command," which is very abbreviated, formal way of saying "Holy ****! THERE THEY ARE, SHOOT 'EM!!"

If the gunner can't identify the target, can't make the gun go bang, or there's just not enough time to give the full fire command (all 3 seconds of it) the commander takes over, announces "From my position!" and shoots.

That's what this blog will be.

Me, shooting from my position.

It won't be particularly politically correct, but neither shall I go out of the way to offend. If I do offend you, learn to deal with it. Because it's about life 'from my position,' there will be a healthy dose of politics, some theology, some football, and some just plain weirdness.

That's life From My Position.



Inside the turret of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I always like to "hear" what you have to say about life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em - right? :-)

    Hope this doesn't go the way of dustballs like Jonathan and Mitch's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i just read my wife's comment, maybe its time to resurrect my blog.
    Welcome to the dark side, its always fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete